- Rise and shine - At the beginning of each day, pick a landing site and continue your mission. Make sure you return to your ship before the sun sets, or you (and your Pikmin) could be in big trouble!
- Overcome obstacles - As you explore, you'll run into walls, streams, and other hazards that stand in your way. Luckily, with a little creative thinking and help from the Pikmin, you can find a way to your goal
- Hostile creatures - Taking on the local predators you’ll find on the planet is an exciting—and dangerous—part of the mission. Watch for weak spots and pick the right Pikmin for the job. Remember: there is strength in numbers!
- Mission Mode - Tackle challenges with set requirements, like defeating creatures or collecting treasures. You might even discover Pikmin types not found in Story Mode
- Squad up with a friend - Team up with a friend on the same system* in Story and Mission modes. For some friendly competition, you can go head to head in Bingo Battle, where you use Pikmin to retrieve items on your bingo card before your opponent does
- Co-op play - Squad up with a friend in Story Mode and Mission Mode on the same system
- More stages - Take on new Side Stories featuring Olimar and Louie, plus all Mission Mode DLC stages from the original release
- Set your pace - A variety of difficulty settings, lock-on targeting, and optional hints help you find the way you like to play. With less pressure, you’ll have more time to strategically command your Pikmin and take in the lush scenery
- Piklopedia - Collect profile entries for each crew member and read their unique takes on the creatures you encounter
Your planet needs you!
Three brave explorers land on planet PNF-404 on a mission to find food for their starving home planet. After a crash landing, these explorers must work with the local Pikmin to reunite and complete their mission.